Social Care

If it is likely that on-going support will be required e.g. personal care, independent living or supported employment, a referral can be made to the Transitions Team for a formal assessment as soon as possible from the age of 14.

This assessment will help to make a decision about whether a young person is eligible for Adult Social Care support and, if so an indication can be given about the level of support that could be provided.  If a young person is not eligible for these services information can be given about other sources of support.

Preparing for Adulthood Transition Paperwork

Complete these forms to ensure that Adult Social Care can start to work with a young person from an early age and support them to plan and prepare for adulthood.

The Transitions Referral Consent Form and the Transitions Referral Form should both be completed for young people, age 14+, who are likely to transition to a service from Adult Social Care when they reach 18 years old.

If you need advice or help to complete these forms please contact the Learning Disability Duty Team on 01793 464819 or email

Further Information




two young people laughing